L2 Sys Admin @ Zabec.net
Join a team that maintains more than 100 servers and serves more than 10,000 customers of all shapes and sizes. The job profile is in systems administration and customer support.
We need someone to help us manage our server systems and our cloud, while helping customers solve their problems.Your job will be to provide L2 support and solve system tasks that arise while ensuring system operation.
We want a colleague who will collaborate and grow with us. Even if you aren’t familiar with one of the above aspects of the job, no problem! What matters is that you’re ready and willing to learn.
Configuring and administrating Linux and Windows
- Installing OS infrastructure, solving bugs, maintaining server component integrity and configuration while improving OS operation to boost reliability and capacity
- Rolling out, debugging, and maintaining IT systems
- IT systems support, daily scheduled operations and debugging for all server/memory/network devices, etc
- The right candidate must be able to develop and implement strategies for secure system backup/recovery/migration, to configure and consolidate servers, and check the health and status of all the IT infrastructure together.
- Monitoring our cloud (data center), software/hardware, and monthly server maintenance
- Scanning for vulnerability and fixing it
- Installation of commercial software suites
- Creating and deleting user accounts, maintaining configuration files. Help in keeping systems working and facilitating the flow of data on customers
Internal and external communication
- We need a person who can communicate with coworkers and external collaborators, management, engineers, etc. in a constantly changing environment, with the goal of ensuring a positive experience for clients and a positive ambience in the workplace.
- Collaboration with the ZGroup development and network teams.
- Writing and maintaining L2 documentation
- The ability to offer support for entrepreneurial services, like DNS, Web, and email
- Providing support and communicating about status to agencies and internal customers
- Ensuring positive inclusion in L1 support
- Periods of on-call work
- There’s always work to be done. We need someone who can see that work, who undertakes tasks by themselves, and who takes it upon themselves to learn the best and latest techniques and technologies.
- We need someone who can motivate a team and get them to learn the skills they need for the job at hand.
- Other tasks will be determined by our data center management team.
There will also be occasional work on-site.
What we expect
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) and TCP/IP networks
- Experience with networks and virtualisation
- Experience with Linux Scripting
- Experience with Windows OS
- Familiarity with VMware
- Familiarity with NetApp
- Familiarity with Mikrotik
- A class B driver’s license
What we offer
- Full-time employment
- Budget for training and continued education
- All necessary working equipment
- Budget for in-house ZGroup services
- Work phone
- Work computer
- Salary: depends on your knowledge and experience
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia